The National Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown will honor the World Series champion San Francisco Giants with the opening of its Autumn Glory exhibit today.
The annual tribute to the World Series champions will feature several artifacts from the Giants’ sweep of the Detroit Tigers last month.
Among the items from the Giants’ seventh World Series title run that will be on display are:
• The bat used by Pablo Sandoval to hit the first two of his three home runs in Game 1, tying a World Series record held by Babe Ruth, Reggie Jackson and Albert Pujols.
• The jersey worn by Ryan Vogelsong, who threw 5 2/3 shutout innings en route to a Game 3 victory.
• The warm-up jacket worn by manager Bruce Bochy throughout the World Series.
• The fielder’s glove used by Gregor Blanco throughout the 2012 regular season and the postseason.
• A bat used during the World Series by Hunter Pence.
• Spikes worn by Marco Scutaro throughout the postseason.
• A cap worn by Brandon Crawford during the postseason.
• And spikes worn by Matt Cain during the World Series.
The 2012 World Series exhibit in Autumn Glory will be on display through the conclusion of the 2013 Major League Baseball postseason. Entrance to the Autumn Glory exhibit is included with a regular museum admission.
Youth swimming starts soon
The SUNY Delhi Dolphins Swim Team is accepting registration for its 10-practice session, which runs Nov. 27-Dec. 20.
Cost is $60 and covers all 10 practices. Weekday practices will run from 3:30-4:30 p.m. on Nov. 27 and 29, as well as Dec. 4, 6, 11, 13, 18 and 20. Two Saturday practices will run from noon-1 p.m. Dec. 8 and 15.
Checks should be made payable to SUNY Delhi Pool and returned by mail to John Kolodziej, Kunsela Hall Pool, SUNY Delhi, Delhi, NY 13753.
For more information, call Kolodziej at 607-746-4263 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.