A Margaretville man was jailed in two rape cases following his arraignment Dec. 7 in Delaware County Court.
Aaron Scudder, 25, was arraigned on second-degree rape, a class D felony, for an incident that happened Aug. 9, 2011, with a 14-year old female, and third-degree rape, a class E felony, for a March incident that occurred in Middletown with a 15-year-old girl. He was remanded to Delaware County jail pending his next appearance.
Other cases heard recently include the following:
• Matthew Finch, 25, of Delhi, was arraigned on second-degree assault for an incident that allegedly occurred Oct. 5 in the village of Delhi. Bail was set at $5,000.
• Samantha Jo Sons, 24, of Bainbridge, was arraigned on two counts of fifth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a class D felony, and criminal possession of hypodermic instruments, a class A misdemeanor. Bail was set at $2,000.
• Edwin Walrod III, 23, of Bainbridge, pleaded guilty to second-degree attempted sexual assault, a class E felony, and disorderly conduct, a violation. The incident occurred Sept. 29 in the village of Sidney and involved a police officer. Walrod was released pending sentencing Jan. 22.
• Amanda Losurdo, 37, of Walton, was arraigned on two counts of felony driving while intoxicated, aggravated unlicensed operation, a class E felony, and operating a motor vehicle outside of restriction, an infraction. Bail was set at $2,500.
• Paul Garofolo, 37, of Margaretville, pleaded and was sentenced to first-degree criminal contempt, a class D felony. He was sentenced to 1½ to 3 years in state prison and an order of protection was issued for his victim.
• Caysey Copley, 26, of Syracuse, pleaded guilty to fifth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a class D felony, for an incident that occurred in June in Roxbury. She was sentenced to 1½ years in jail and 1 year of post release supervision.
• Timothy J. Wren, 52, of Colchester, pleaded guilty to third-degree grand larceny, and committing a fraudulent practice, both felonies. The incidents occurred between Feb. 8, 2009, and Jan. 16 in the village of Hancock and involved workers compensation benefits. Sentencing is scheduled for Jan. 28.
• Anneliese Wren, 52, of Colchester, pleaded guilty to driving while intoxicated. She was sentenced to five years probation and $1,500 fine, and other penalties.
• Daniel McEwan, 25, no address given, was sentenced to 1 1/3 years in prison for third-degree burglary. He was ordered to pay restitution of $1,790.70 and an order of protection was issued for his victim.
• Eric Hall, 37, of Arkville, was arraigned on four counts. This includes second-degree burglary for an alleged incident that occurred Oct. 26 in Roxbury; fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon, a class a misdemeanor, seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance (cocaine) and criminal possession of a hypodermic instrument, both class A misdemeanors, for incidents that occurred in November in the town of Middletown.
• Miguel Santiago, 27, of the Bronx, was charged with third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a class B felony, for an alleged incident involving heroin in the village of Walton in November.
• Edwina Walters, 30, of Stamford, Conn., pleaded guilty to third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance (heroin). The incident occurred in July in the town of Franklin. Sentencing is Jan. 3.
• Gene Edwards, 52, of the village of Sidney, pleaded guilty to two counts of failure to register as a sex offender. He was sentenced to one year on each count, to be served consecutively, plus various charges.