Joe Martens, commissioner of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, testifies before a joint budget hearing on the environment on Monday, Feb. 4, 2013, in Albany, N.Y. Martens says his agency has no "timetable" for finishing shale gas drilling rules, with the completion date dependent on recommendations made by the health commissioner. Gov. Andrew Cuomo has said his budget doesn't include increased spending for fracking regulation because DEC hasn't completed its environmental review and decided whether to end a 4 1/2-year-old moratorium. (AP Photo/Mike Groll)
- Local News -
- Police: No one immune to abductions Oneonta Police Chief Dennis Nayor is redoubling efforts to teach parents about preventing child abductions and to train offers to respond if such a crime were to occur.
- Some towns still resist setting up websites
- Walton woman arrested after fake prescription
- Milford student produces local online video series
- Bassett to host award ceremony